Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What A Day.

Today was such a great day. One of those days where you feel beyond blessed and feel like you have done (almost) everything right. When it comes to parenthood, I am positive there isn't a day that we do everything right, but that's a story for another day. I felt so close to God today. I felt that I had a constant conversation going with God all day long. I woke up and had my morning time with God, I prayed for a man that looked like he needed prayer at the store, I bit my tongue when I was angry at my husband (and that doesn't happen often), I started a new reading plan with my bible, and to end the day we played hide and go seek outside in the dark this evening; the boys were so exhausted they fell asleep at 7:45. I am feeling so very blessed right now. So much God gives us, so many moments, we take for granted and I, myself am very guilty of that. I spend so much time on time wasting activities (Facebook, Pinterest, the list goes on and on) and I don't think I even noticed until I was reading a blog that I follow by an amazing woman named, Allison Dalke, and she talked so much about how we spend our time. I am diligently working on spending my time wisely and cutting scrolling the Facebook news feed numerous times a day out of my life, along with many other things. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Facebook, Pinterest, my soaps, reality tv, etc. I just need to have a little less of those type of things daily and a lot more God. Today was a success! On another note, the boys got hair cuts today and they both look adorable. They also look way too big.. If life only had a pause button... That's all for now. See you tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment