Thursday, March 8, 2012

Get a little WEIRD!

Isn't it funny how we all live every day of our lives trying to be normal? Trying to be just like people we despise, trying to have the best of the best, trying to be "normal" just like everyone else. I am in the process of reading a book by Craig Groeschel (the preacher at our amazing church) and it is wonderful. It is a real eye opener. It has never occurred to me how we all follow this path and live such normal lives. It has never occurred to me how RIDICULOUS normal in this day and age is. It has never occurred to me that I don't want to be normal anymore and that I want to be weird, really weird, until I started reading this book. Craig mentions in the book going out to eat and watching a family of 4 stare down at their phones the entire time. This was so my family, until just about a month ago. How embarrassing! We are no longer allowed to even bring our phones, or any kind of technological gadget for that matter, to our table at home. We need to enjoy the moment, enjoy what is in front of us, and most importantly enjoy each other! I definitely want to be weird and I want my family to want to be weird.  

No comments:

Post a Comment