Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ready for Summer!

This weather is so amazing!! It makes me want to throw all of my spring cleaning plans out the window! I am so ready for Summer, and I say Summer and NOT Spring because I am deathly afraid of tornadoes. I could totally skip out on Spring in Oklahoma every year and not miss it one bit. I can't wait to wake up every morning and go outside and play with the boys, have popsicles dripping down their little fingers, take them swimming, wagon rides, take the doggies for a walk.. Ahhh! I am so excited!! This is the last Summer before Blaine starts school. I honestly just do not know where time goes. Blaine is such a sweet, little guy; it is so hard to believe he will be 5 in October. He always says the prayers at the table before we eat and since the day he started praying, he has always thanked God for our food, our family, and MCDONALDS, LEGOS, WALMART and THE ZOO! What?!?! This truly bothered me for the longest time. Why in the world would he thank God for such materialistic things. I tried to tell him we thank God for people and things that we are truly thankful for.. I was frustrated until I understood.. He said he thanks God for keeping the animals at the zoo safe, he thanks God for keeping Walmart stocked with the things that we need, Legos are his favorite thing, and Mcdonalds gives us food.. (Sadly, we eat out way more often than we should and more than I'd like to admit, especially since this McDonalds came to town!!) Anyway, point being, that is all his little four year old mind needs in his life and he thanks God for every single one of them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment